Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wikipedia Homework




1.Find an article on Wikipedia (or any other wiki) which needs improving and make those improvements.

Okay so I’ve decided to read and edit an article based on Tongan Traditional Dancing! One form of dancing is called the Ma’ulu’ulu <- can you pronounce it LOL
At first when I went to edit it this came up:





It is telling me to use sandbox if I wanted to experiment. I clicked on sandbox and it took me to another page. So I went back to the start and I decided to create an account and see whether that will allow me to edit the article.
Okay I just made an account and it was really simple!



I just edited the page and it worked! YAY here’s a preview!




If you would like to read more about this particular form of dancing just copy the link!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma%27ulu%27ulu#References

2.Read about the advantages of creating an account compared with anonymous editing.

The advantages of creating an account is that you can actually edit the page, but if you were to anonymously edit the page it will let you but it prefers you to go to sandbox and experiment through there.

2 comments: