This week’s tutorial was about Compound documents, Object Linking and Embedding!
I found it very interesting that there are specific ways of linking and embedding documents. How I look at a website and think that it is one whole document, rather than looking at what it really is – different types of data collaborated into one whole document, which includes electronic compound documents like videos. Now when I go onto WebPages or anything that contains more than one data type I don’t see it as a whole anymore I see the links, pictures, videos and text and now know that they all come from a specific source document.
Simple and Complex embedding. There’s a difference between the two. Simple embedding can be edited without any reference to where it originated from. So it has no memory of where the source document came from. Complex embedding remembers the identity of the source application. Like when an excel spreadsheet is embedding into a word document, word knows that it was created in excel.
Source documents is where the data has been taken from, which is created by using a source application
Destination document is the compound document is where the data will be going which is also known as the ‘container’. This is being done by using a ‘destination application’. E.g. putting a video link onto the destination document.
So this tutorial was very informing, I now look at documents or anything that has more than one data type differently.
No comments:
Post a Comment