So I looked up ‘wikileaks’ on Google (yes I’m a typical Google everything I don’t know person) But more importantly a Wikileaks is where information about the government and other information that they think the public needs to know about the activity that happens therefore they think we should have the right to know what’s behind the scenes.
While browsing through the Wiki leak page I noticed many links that were connected to Twitter with the latest tweets about the latest activity, Blogs, the news and the latest leaks.
This is the introduction to Wikileaks:
“..could become as important a journalistic tool
as the Freedom of Information Act. – Time Magazine
WikiLeaks is a multi-jurisdictional public service designed to protect whistleblowers, journalists and activists who have sensitive materials to communicate to the public. Since July 2007, we have worked across the globe to obtain, publish and defend such materials, and, also, to fight in the legal and political spheres for the broader principles on which our work is based: the integrity of our common historical record and the rights of all peoples to create new history.
We believe that transparency in government activities leads to reduced corruption, better government and stronger democracies. All governments can benefit from increased scrutiny by the world community, as well as their own people. We believe this scrutiny requires information. Historically that information has been costly - in terms of human life and human rights. But with technological advances - the internet, and cryptography - the risks of conveying important information can be lowered.
In its landmark ruling on the Pentagon Papers, the US Supreme Court ruled that "only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government." We agree.
We believe that it is not only the people of one country that keep their government honest, but also the people of other countries who are watching that government. That is why the time has come for an anonymous global avenue for disseminating documents the public should see.
To read more just search for Wikileaks on Google and it will take you there. Or just click this link;
http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Wikileaks
I thought it was interesting because I personally have never heard of such a thing. So I’m glad I came across it in the MX newspaper. Who would have thought that people would want to know what commotion was happening behind the scenes with our government. So this page is good for those who would like to express their view on the government’s actions.
Just a lil preview picutre!
This is pretty interesting. I've never heard of WikiLeaks before. And who would've thought that reading the MX would help us in uni haha
ReplyDeleteit's nice to know that we are protect and safe if one day we did have some sensitive information we wanted to tell the public
Yeah, i know huh i was shocked when i saw it in the MX! I had never heard of it as well till i read the MX! So many interesting things in the MX!
ReplyDelete