Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Google WAVEEEE




I was excited at first when I watched the You Tube clip that was provided, it looked really fun!

And so finally I made my Google Wave account today!
Due to the fact that my current Internet Explorer at home does not support the Google Wave features (because it is the old version of Internet Explorer) so it prompted me to upgrade my internet Explorer, so I made it at school.
At first I found it a bit difficult to use, but with a bit of help and exploring I finally found how to add friends, make a to-do list, chat to my friends on Google Wave.

I have to admit it’s really different but interesting. I love how you can do group assignments and organize your daily/weekly tasks.
So today in (Investigations and Intelligence) Ben – one of my group mates suggested that maybe we could use Google wave to communicate and do a draft of our report. All group members thought it was a good idea, and so Ben copied and pasted the requirements onto Google Wave – I’m yet to know how he did it, but I will soon with a bit more exploring.

When I tried to add people I wasn’t sure on how it was done, and my friends also couldn’t add me. When they tried I would receive an email, which had a link linking to Google Wave to confirm it but it wouldn’t work.
With more hunting around on how to use it, I realized I had to add them through contacts and then it would work!

I now want to know more about Google Wave and try and master it!  You Tube – Google Wave tutorials here I come 
Happy Google Waving guys!

Just a preview of what my GoogleWave profile looks like! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha it was sooo funny in class when we were tryin to figure it out! LOL frustration! haha

    ReplyDelete