1.What does the tool claim to do? How do its creators describe it?
Diigo claims that it is two services in one. It is a research and collaborative research tool. It is described as a knowledge sharing community and social content.
2.Is it designed for particular types of documents or websites? Give examples
Diigo is designed for any types of documents and websites. For example you can highlight certain words/paragraphs basically anything you find interesting and a note or just highlight it. So the purpose of this tool is to make it feel as if you are doing it manually – like you are highlighting it with your highlighter pen and writing notes down.
3.Does it require a particular browser or other software?
No, I’m not sure. I just used Internet Explorer and when I used it as RMIT it worked fine as well.
4.What similarities / differences can you see with bookmarking/ favourites?
Diigo is easy to use, its features are basic which is why it makes it easier, people can socialise on Diigo. I signed up with Delicious a few months back and to be honest I didn’t find it as appealing as I did with Diigo. I personally prefer Diigo because it's simple and basic while Delicious on the other hand is a advanced version of a social bookmarking tool.
5.What social features does the tool include?
Diigo includes other people who have Diigo, so it’s like a social bookmarking, where people can help each other with any problems they are having and find people with the same interests as you, communities and other groups.
6.How do you get started using it e.g. do you need to pay money, register, install software, or a toolbar etc.
All you need to do is have an email account with either Gmail, Facebook, Yahoo you can use these social networks to sign in with then its simple just fill in the details and set up a password along with a username and your done. There was no cost needed to join up with Diigo.
No comments:
Post a Comment